Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Nostalgia

While down in Capitola, we of course made time to visit the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of the boardwalk (20 years worth!)... cousins, rides, corn dogs and Marianne's (which is technically down the street from the boardwalk but in my mind- they are synonymous.) Although Rhett couldn't ride on anything besides the carrousel- I enjoyed the ferris wheel, haunted castle, the giant dipper (x 4) and the wipe out. I loved being able to take my husband and Rhett someplace that really holds a dear place in my heart. Even though it looks a little different- the smells, tastes and sounds of the boardwalk always feel a little like 'home.'
Marianne's... oh how I love you.
---------------
In addition to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz, we spent a lovely afternoon walking, shopping, and eating in Capitola. I will admit here that I am jealous that my brother gets to live in these parts. While I'm here shriveling up from Vitamin D deficiency... he's surfing and sunning and not feeling bad about it at all. Jerk.
He also lives a few hundred yards from Whole Foods.
Not.Fair.
Oh well, I guess it gives me something to look forward to for our next trip...
California (and Whole Foods)... until we meet again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your photos are amazing - such vibrant colours. Looks like you all had a fantastic time! I think I'd miss California if I'd had the good fortune to be born and raised there :) xX

Amy said...

Thank you. I think you may miss it too! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...