Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Let's catch up shall we.... Hamburg Fisch Markt!

If you're not familiar with the Hamburg Fish Market that's okay. I'm going to tell you a little about it here. Hamburg is famous for it's Fish Market, actually located in Hamburg. It's a big deal for foodies and it is not only fresh fish but exotic fruits, vegetables, beer, etc. Unfortunately, I have never been to Hamburg, therefore, I've never been to THE Hamburg Fish Market but the kind people in Hamburg have a traveling market that goes all over Germany. So nice of them to think of us. Every summer the market comes to the Karlsplatz in Stuttgart and it's a smorgasbord of fish, food, drink, music, and all things fun and delicious. I think it was the first week of July but I can't be sure anymore. My months are running together.
Anyways, we took the train from Echterdingen to downtown which was a nice break.
We were pretty much starving when we got there and literally every booth had something we wanted to eat (except the smoked fish and fish sandwiches) which made it hard to decide. Looking back at the pictures it seems we were instinctually drawn to all things dipped in batter and fried. Lord help me.
After the potato pancakes and calamari I was pretty much done.
Then we walked around the schlossplatz and called it a day... barely missing the rain.
The above contraption has a fish slide. You place your order and the folks upstairs send down the catch via a well lubricated slide. Nothing says 'fresh' to me than having a fish sling shotted down a metal tube. Yum.
These performers had a little Captain and Tennille thing going on. The 'Captain' kind of went missing after the first act though. Something tells me the old guy in front didn't mind.
Until next time.

For more information about the Hamburg Fisch Markt... go here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...