Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Monterey Bay Aquarium

If you are ever in California (which I pray you will) you must visit the coast.
If you visit California and don't stand at the edge of the world looking into the Pacific you've committed a serious wrong doing in my eyes.

Even though I grew up in California, I still love visiting San Francisco, Monterey, and Santa Cruz.
It just never gets old....

On this most recent trip we decided (along with the entire family) to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium for the day.
I have lots of fond memories here both as a child and as an adult.
Last time I visited the aquarium, Chad and I were on our honeymoon.
I couldn't help but giggle at the fact that I was now bringing Rhett there.

Sometimes you take those little experiences for granted but as a military spouse living far from where I grew up... I loved sharing something of my childhood with the little man.

Anyways, this is a great place for families and children- trust me when I say this because there were about 7 kids, 13 adults and we all enjoyed it!

We started our day with a picnic and play time at Dennis the Menace park in Monterey.
The weather was gorgeous - could NOT be better.
The park was awesome, offering a variety of play areas for children of all ages.
However, if we thought this would tire these kids out- we were sorely mistaken!
I can't even recall Rhett napping this day...

After finishing up lunch and wrangling all the kiddos, we headed to the aquarium.
We purchased our tickets through AAA so we went right in....
no waiting in line necessary!

The aquarium really is fantastic.
We spent hours there and if we weren't totally exhausted from chasing after children- we could have spent MORE time visiting different exhibits.

We ended our day with a walk down Cannery Row followed by dinner and a very quiet drive home....
courtesy of an exhausted baby boy!
----
If Chad had been here, I think the below picture would have been Christmas card material.
Oh well.
This is at Casa De Fruta where you could spend a day.
Train rides, peacocks, casa de any food or drink you'd like...

Read about last year's California visit here.

886 Cannery Row
Monterey, Ca 93940

Dennis the Menace Park
Information here.

10021 Pacheco Pass Hwy
Hollister, CA 95023

Here's hoping to one day be stationed here.
One can always dream, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...